Mission 30 for 2030 – A Circular Direction for Denmark
|Date||April 28, 2022|
Join us at LOOP for a panel debate and the launch of our Mission 30 for 2030 – a shared direction for our future circular society
*The event is in Danish
What do you think a (more) circular Denmark looks and feels like? How are we citizens, consumers, businesses, and scientists in a circular society?
We lack a shared direction for Denmark’s becoming an irresistible circular society in 2030. The shift to a circular society is an urgently needed change. Otherwise, we will not achieve the government’s goal of reducing our CO2 emissions by 70 percent by 2030. But the existing ambitions are not high enough.
That is why we at DDC are launching Mission 30 for 2030. We are in the process of setting a circular direction for Denmark – and enabling us all to act on it.
Mission launch and panel debate
The mission launches at LOOP – a cross-sector platform and two-day open conference about circular solutions. As the closing event on the main stage on April 28, we host a panel debate (participants TBA) and present our final Mission 30 for 2030.
We also invite anyone to visit our physical circularity lab at our booth (April 27 and 28, 2022). Here, you can mix your irresistible circular society. What ingredients do you think we need to make the transition? Our goal is to inspire and motivate decision-makers across society to join the circular direction, start inspiring dialogues and take action.
Sign up for LOOP here.
Our mission method
We have an excellent strategic starting point for the transition to a circular economy in Denmark. Knowledge and capacity, political goodwill, and companies with the courage to make a difference. But to go circular, something fundamental is missing. We’re talking about a shared direction visualizing how our irresistible circular society looks in 2030.
"The direction of the mission is not a single unified endpoint, but an intent: A sense of the future we strive to reach. We need a multi-dimensional and empathic perspective of the future to act proactively on it in the present – be it as citizens, policy-makers, researchers, entrepreneurs, or managers"
Program Director, DDC
That’s why we bring together 30 critical persons across business, science, research, education, and civil society to create a shared circular mission for 2030. With the mission, we’ll:
- Present new and tangible knowledge on what it means to live in a circular society
- Inspire and motivate to action for everyone – decision-makers as well as consumers
- Offer a starting point for a new and binding conversation about how we can accelerate the circular transition
Industriens Fond supports our mission work.
Our 30 excellent partners are:
- Anders Barsøe, Chairman of the Board, New Loop
- Anders Strange Sørensen, Sustainability Director, Enemærke & Pedersen
- Annemarie Meisling, Senior Director Corporate Affairs & Sustainability, Chr. Hansen
- Arendse Baggesen, Co-Founder, Small Revolution
- Brian Mikkelsen, CEO, Dansk Erhverv
- Brian Valbjørn Sørensen, Executive Director, KR Foundation
- Camilla Hermansen, Deputy CEO, Plus Pack
- Christian Bason, CEO, DDC – Dansk Design Center
- Christina Busk, Environmental Policy Director, Plastindustrien
- Ditte Lysgaard, Managing Partner, The Circular Way by Lendager Group, Lendager
- Else Skjold, Professor, Royal Danish Academy
- Frederik Larsen, Co-Founder, In futurum
- Jarl Engelbrecht Vindnæs, CEO, Stykka
- Jonas Engberg, Head of Climate, COOP
- Jonas Lindstrøm, Senior Data Privacy Engineer, Alexandra Instituttet
- Kristine Barenholdt Bruun, Head of The Circular Laboratory, Roskilde Festival
- Lars Sandahl Sørensen, CEO, Dansk Industri
- Lisa Ekstrand, Vice President of Sustainability, Vestas
- Lone Feifer, Director for Sustainable Buildings, Velux
- Lotte Lyngsted, Co-founder and Director of Circular Design, Hatch & Bloom
- Mickey Gjerris, Associate Professor in bioethics, University of Copenhagen
- Nille Skalts, Founder & Executive Director, B-Corp
- Nina Kovsted Helk, CPO, Realdania
- Pernille Berg, Science Director, BLOXHUB
- Sune Dowler Nygaard, Executive Vice President, Danish Technological Institute
- Søren Hermansen, Director, Samsø Energiakademi
- Thomas Hebsgaard, Journalist, Zetland
- Thomas Hofman Bang, CEO, Industriens Fond
- Toke Falk Sabroe, Managing Partner, Twin Transition
- Tommy Ahlers, Climate Tech Investor
Explore Our Circular Work
Here at DDC, we believe that humans are both willing and able to imagine and realize solutions for the greater good when given the opportunity and the capacity.
That’s why we bring companies, organizations, educational institutions, citizens, and policy-makers together to explore, build and test new solutions that move us towards a greener future. Not just because sustainability is good business, but because meeting human, societal, and environmental needs is good value.
Can’t get enough of design and innovation? We hear you. And we have you covered.
Sign up for our newsletter to get the latest from our world delivered straight to your inbox.Sign up for the ddc newsletter