In the summer of 2020, we launched our biggest organizational experiment to date; rethinking the DDC itself with a human perspective as the key management principle
Our experiment with the self-leading organization shows many promising results, but also raises several new questions. For instance, how do we make important decisions? How should top management adapt? And how do we foster communities?
We believe in people
Our ten human values are at the center of everything we do. The ten values are:
- We believe that people want to make a difference
- We believe that people want to do their best
- We believe that people are at their best and work best when they have influence and co-determination about their tasks
- We believe that people thrive when they are challenged and can develop
- We believe that people are able and willing to take responsibility for their tasks
- We believe that we want to help each other
- We believe that people thrive and work best in an atmosphere of trust and recognition
- We believe that everyone can and will show leadership under the right circumstances
- We believe that everyone can and will provide companionship under the right circumstances
The ten human values are our key management principle. Download the principles here.
Read and Listen
In this series of articles and podcasts, we share our learnings and the process of restructuring our organization:
Do you want to re-design your organization?
Join our program Re-designing Organizations. Throughout 20 weeks, we facilitate the beginning of your transformation.
Or join our network of curious organizations on their way to becoming more thriving and sustainable organizations. Read more here.
You can book us for an inspirational talk, where we share our process, challenges, and successes with our transformation to a self-leading organization.
We can also help you start the conversation about your organization by facilitating a hands-on workshop exploring potentials, barriers, and actions to start re-designing your organization. We customize content and duration to fit your needs. Reach out to Sara Solveig Ørnsholt at firstname.lastname@example.org to hear more.
Watch our Design AM: The Power and Pitfalls of the Self-Leading Organization below
Interview and podcast in Danish newspaper Berlingske on our radical organizational changesRead now
Meet our colleagues working on our self-leading organization projects:
Can’t get enough of design and innovation? We hear you. And we have you covered.
Sign up for our newsletter to get the latest from our world delivered straight to your inbox.Sign up for the ddc newsletter