Creating a circular economy has almost exclusively focused on the economic and environmental gains while the social impacts have barely been considered beyond the issue of job creation. Creating a more circular economy can create new sources of inequality in the world. The question is: How do we secure a circular transition that meets the needs of all within the means of our planet?
The panelists will take a deep dive into the circular transformation from the perspective of social justice and inclusion in terms of distribution of wealth, opportunities, and privileges within a society.
Participation is free, and you can, of course, participate online.
- Frenzi Ritter, Junior researcher at Metabolic, Holland
- Rebecca Clube, Interdisciplinary PhD researcher at the Centre for Environmental Policy at Imperial College London
- Salomé Galjaard, Strategist for Circular Economy, City of Amsterdam.
- Karoline Liedtke, Head of Landscape, COBE
- Siddharth Hande, CEO and Founder of Kabadiwalla Connect, IndiaThis BLOXHUB
Debates will be moderated by Monica Maria Moeskær, Program Director – Cities Lead, Danish Design Center.
Can’t get enough of design and innovation? We hear you. And we have you covered.
Sign up for our newsletter to get the latest from our world delivered straight to your inbox.Sign up for the ddc newsletter