Analysis: Danish designers, do we have a problem?25. Mar 2021
Danish design agencies (still) struggle to clarify what value they create for clients. That’s one of the conclusions in a new survey by the DDC. The survey sheds light on the biggest challenges the industry faces.
DDC – the Danish Design Center recently asked what challenges the Danish design agencies deem most critical to overcoming in the future.
47 design agencies responded and painted a clear picture:
- The landscape of Danish design agencies is dominated by many small and a few larger agencies
- In their own words, Danish design agencies often struggle to make the value they create for their clients clear and fail to seize new opportunities and potentials
- There is a self-perception of Danish design as top tier in the world. In contrast to this, only 20% of the agencies surveyed have more than 70% international customers implying that Danish design agencies work mostly with Danish companies on Danish solutions
This leaves a few, central challenges:
- How do we change the Danish design business from mainly national to mainly international? And should we?
- How do we create a culture for Danish design agencies that leads to international success?
- How do we mobilize our capabilities and place ourselves at the core of transforming industries and solving societal challenges?
Can’t get enough of design and innovation? We hear you. And we have you covered.
Sign up for our newsletter to get the latest from our world delivered straight to your inbox.Sign up for the ddc newsletter